Friday, May 29, 2009

Recipe Statistics Analysis

In Facebook Restaurant City, how easy a recipe can be upgraded to level 10 depends on how easy you can collect the required ingredients. In my last article, I have computed the frequency of each ingredients in the menu, finding that cheese is the most important one. I will use that result to analyze the difficulties of each recipe.

The difficulty of a recipe can be measured in many ways. For simplicity, I have defined the following measurements:
  • Score Sum = Sum of (required ingredient * count of ingredient in menu * ingredient star level)
  • Menu Sum = Sum of (required ingredient * count of ingredient in menu)
  • Star Sum = Sum of (ingredient star level)
The higher the Score Sum, the more difficulty a recipe should be. Score Sum multiplies the star level because it may affect the chance an ingredient appears as a daily prize. For example, Yakibuta Ramen has slightly lower Menu Sum than Pork and Apple Chops has because Noodle is less useful than Apple. Once we also consider the star levels of both Apple and Noodle, Pork and Apple Chops should easier to complete.

Menu Sum is included because in practice, the count of ingredient may be a more important factor.

Star Sum is a quick indicator of the overall star levels of the ingredients of a recipe.



According to the data, the recipes I have finished (lamb skewers, pork and apple chops, exotic fruit skewers) are quite easy. But it also suggests that Tiger Prawn Platter is also easy to make. For me, prawns are rare for me. I seldom draw that as a daily prize, and I seldom see my friends having it. Thus, it looks like this spreadsheet is not as useful as the last one on ingredient counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment